Philip Remedios will be presenting and moderating a panel at the MD&M West Conference, August 10-12, 2021.
- Panel: Design Trends in Wearables, Home Health & Drug Delivery Products
- Tuesday, August 10 • 10:45 AM – 11:45 AM
As the point of care continues to shift toward home-based applications, designers must consider how clinicians and caregivers can responsibly put more care in a patient’s hands. The Covid-19 pandemic has accelerated the desire to do more outside of traditional institutional centers and opened up a whole new world of ideas and options. Technology is driving some of the change while market adoption is strong by enabling user-operated devices to achieve higher levels of acuity and reliability to perform critical functions. Come hear a panel of experts talk about the shift, and how design and product development engineers can incorporate the latest design tends in these fast-growing areas. Topics include:
- Technology-driven design trends
- How Covid-19 is shaping the future for home-healthcare products
- Enabling the at-home patient
- Achieving robust authentication of procedural compliance by hybridizing devices with consumer technology
- Outsourcing R&D Doesn’t Have to Be Scary: Simple Guidelines for A Win-Win Outcome
- Wednesday, August 11 • 9:45 AM – 10:30 AM
If you don’t seem to have enough staff to stay on schedule, you can’t get consistent quality or creativity to innovate, or your R&D budget is burdened for one reason or another, then maybe it’s time to consider outsourcing your R&D. Startups in particular may feel the squeeze of “time is money” most, but larger companies can have their own issues that lead to loss of urgency, and red tape. Join this session to compare trends in device R&D operations, in-house versus outsourced versus hybrid teams, to see how to set yourself up for success. Topics include:
- Partners or vendors?
- Why does outsourcing enhance innovation?
- How to establish basic rules to avoid classic nightmares
- Different rules for start-up, mid-level, and global corporations
- Maximizing value of outsourced partners
- Establishing long term resource stability and IP security