Over 20 years of research and product development in a variety of industries ranging from marine transportation to medical devices.
Bachelor of Science in Product Design from The Ohio State University’s Industrial Design program, with an emphasis on human factors and design research.
Management of user research and synthesis phases of product development, including:
• Usability studies
• User-centric innovation techniques
• Establishing optimal user requirements for product definition
User-centric innovation techniques
Establishing optimal user requirements for product definition
Primary investigator and analyst in international ethnographic research projects for institutional
and home environments since 1989.
Speaker at universities (Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, University of South Florida, University of Minnesota) and conferences (MD&M, IDSA, DMD).
The human factors engineering (HE) committee for the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI); the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES); Industrial Design Society of America (IDSA).
• Published articles in several publications (e.g., Medical Device and Medical Device & Diagnostics Industry)
• Edit reviewer of the ANSI/AAMI HE75:2009 usability guidance standard
• Contributor to AAMI revision of IEC/ISO 62366
• Contributor to AAMI technical report on Post Market Surveillance of Use Error
Industry advisory board, Medical Device Innovation and Entrepreneurship Program at the University of Cincinnati; curriculum steering committee for the industrial design program at the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale.
The International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA); the Medical Device Excellence Awards (MDEA); International Plastics Design Competition.
Medical Section Chair Emeritus of the IDSA.