BH seeks a researcher specializing in product development, preferably with experience in the healthcare space. Specifically, the research results will inform the safety and user experience of a product, be it digital or physical. You will apply rigorous methods for product definition, by taking into consideration all aspects of the healthcare context. Understanding the context of use will require observing in a range of environments from hospitals to patient homes.
This role will directly collaborate with design and development teams to forge next-generation, medical devices. The position is intended to advance into a management role requiring the oversight of study projects and teams. As a team member, you will report directly to the principals and be expected to work independently. You will collect, document, analyze, translate and report generative and evaluative, use related insights into recommendations and requirements.
Role & Responsibilities
• Implement a variety of design research methods including Contextual Inquiry/Ethnography, Projective Mapping, Time/Motion, User Preference Studies, Task Analysis and Usability Testing.
• Delivers accurate, well-defined, and articulate verbal and written presentations to clients.
• Collaborate with industrial designers, human factors engineers, clinicians, and creative engineers.
• Travel, both domestic and international, to the environments of use in the healthcare space.
• Passively observe and interact with healthcare providers, hospital administration and patients.
Required Work Experience/Knowledge
• A BS degree in Human Factors Engineering, Cognitive/Experimental Psychology, Industrial Design, or Engineering Psychology
• At least 2+ years of work experience in product development, preferably, medical devices
• Outstanding organization, time management and interpersonal skills
• Competency in the Adobe suite
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
No calls please, submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is on-site in beautiful Dunedin Florida with beaches, boating, cafes and breweries. No remote work applications will be considered.
US Applicants ONLY
Background Check and Drug Test Required