The Senior Human Factors Engineer (HFE) will take into consideration all aspects of the indications for use, the clinical application, and medical device technology. This role will directly collaborate with an internal Design and Development team to forge next-generation medical devices.
The Senior HFE will work directly with the Principals as a Project Manager, and will be expected to work independently and demonstrate individual initiative. The Senior HFE will collect, document, analyze, and report on user-centric insights to develop user interface requirements, asses use-related risks, evaluate medical devices, and develop regulatory documentation for submission to FDA and international regulatory entities. A strong understanding of user-research methodologies and human factors principles is important to ensure the data is gathered in a rigorous and efficient manner.
- Manages a variety of HFE research methods, such as task analysis, PCA, Time/Motion Study, User Preference Studies, Heuristic Analysis and Usability Testing.
- Optimizes user interface design by integrating the HFE process into the design process.
- Works on interdisciplinary teams with designers and engineers to analyze and evaluate data, conduct HF evaluations, and generate concept inputs, user interface requirements, and specifications.
- Delivers accurate, well-defined, and articulate verbal and written presentations to clients. You may be the main point of contact for our clients.
- Collaborate with industrial designers, other human factors engineers, UX designers, clinicians, and creative engineers.
- Experience managing user research efforts including the management of methodology, recruitment, budget, billing and schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in human factors, usability, engineering psychology, and/or research from an accredited school and 4-7 years of work experience or a combination of education and relevant work experience
- Medical human factors experience a must
- Outstanding communication abilities, both verbal and written
- Outstanding organization, time management and interpersonal skills
- Competency in Microsoft Outlook and Office
Submit your resume today!