The Junior Human Factors Engineer (HFE) will take into consideration all aspects of the indications for use, the clinical application, and medical device technology. This role will directly collaborate with an internal Design and Development team to forge next-generation medical devices.
The Junior HFE will work directly with the Principals and Project Managers, but will be expected to work independently and demonstrate individual initiative. The Junior HFE will collect, document, analyze, and report on user-centric insights to develop user requirements, assess use-related risk, evaluate medical devices, and develop regulatory documentation for submission to FDA and international regulatory entities. A strong understanding of user-research methodologies and human factors principles is important to ensure the data are gathered in a rigorous and efficient manner.
- Implements a variety of HFE research methods, such as task analysis, PCA, Time/Motion Study, User Preference Studies, Heuristic Analysis and Usability Testing.
- Optimizes user interface design by integrating the HFE process into the design process.
- Works on interdisciplinary teams with designers and engineers to analyze and evaluate data, conduct HF evaluations, and generate concept inputs, user interface requirements, and specifications.
- Delivers accurate, well-defined, and articulate verbal and written presentations to clients.
- Collaborate with industrial designers, other human factors engineers, UX designers, clinicians, and creative engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in human factors, usability, engineering psychology, and/or research from an accredited school and 0-3 years of work experience or a combination of education and relevant work experience
- Medical experience or internship within the medical field is preferred
- Outstanding communication abilities, both verbal and written
- Outstanding organization, time management and interpersonal skills
- Competency in Microsoft Outlook and Office
- Competency using video editing apps (e.g., Adobe Premiere Pro)
Submit your resume today!