BlackHägen Design has an immediate opening for a Junior Human Factors Engineer with 1-5 years of experience
BH seeks a Human Factors Engineer who can apply the methods of HFE while taking into consideration all aspects of the healthcare context of use. This role will directly collaborate with both internal and external design and development teams to forge next-generation medical devices. The position is intended to advance into a management role on the BH team.
The HFE will work directly with the Principals and Project Managers, and be expected to work independently. The HFE will collect, document, analyze, and report on use related insights to develop requirements, assess use-related risk, evaluate medical devices, and develop regulatory documentation for submission to FDA and international regulatory entities. A strong understanding of user-research methodologies, usability testing and human factors principles is important to ensure the data are gathered and analyzed in a rigorous and efficient manner.
- Implements a variety of HFE research methods, such as task analysis, PCA, Time/Motion Study, User Preference Studies, Heuristic Analysis, Root Cause Analysis and Usability Testing.
- Optimizes user interface design by integrating the HFE process into the design process.
- Works on interdisciplinary teams with designers and engineers to analyze and evaluate data, conduct HF evaluations, and generate concept inputs, user interface requirements, and specifications.
- Delivers accurate, well-defined, and articulate verbal and written presentations to clients.
- Collaborate with industrial designers, other human factors engineers, UX designers, clinicians, and creative engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in human factors, usability, engineering psychology from an accredited school and 1-5 years of work experience or a combination of education and relevant work experience
- Medical device experience or internship within the medical field is required
- Outstanding communication abilities, both verbal and written
- Outstanding organization, time management and interpersonal skills
- Competency in statistics and Microsoft Office
Benefits & Perks
- Flex time
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- 7 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, AD&D and life insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions to subsidize insurance plan deductibles
- 2 weeks’ vacation for the first four years and 3 weeks’ vacation thereafter
- 40 hours of PTO, in addition to vacation
- Simple IRA investment plan matched up to 3% of salary per year
- Fitness membership (employee and spouse)
This position is on-site in beautiful Dunedin Florida. No remote work applications will be considered.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
We are a FL Drug Free Workplace, all candidates must be able to pass a criminal background & drug check.
Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE